Here are shown below the major milestones which led to the actual EMC2020 software series:
Phase-1: from 1984 to 1996 at Matra-Espace/Matra-Marconi-Space under ESA & CNES contracts
“Radiate” software: Illumination of a cable through an aperture (time
domain solution). Similar functions in TLS & BTLS EMC2020 softwares
- “TWTD” software: 3d time domain MoM solver for wire-frame like structures. An ersatz of the LLNL solver.
- 3d MoM softwares for general geometries:
- “Maxsim-F” (frequency domain).
- “MaxSim-T” (in the time domain).Planed to come back in EMC2020 with a 3d graphical interface.
Phase-2: from 1984 to 1996 at Matra-Espace/Matra-Marconi-Space under ESA & CNES contracts
- “EMC2000” software: a 3d method of moments for surface/wire geometries with apertures & dielectric regions
- Software distribution in CNES, ESA, European & Japan industry
Phase-3: from 2005 to 2012 At CCR-Aerospatiales/AIRBUS Research-Center under European Community projects
- Impove EMC2000-MoM software with hybriding (PO, Huygens/antenna sources, cavity Green’s dyadic, …)
- Integration of the FMS solver: Out of Core solution for the linear system.)
Phase-4: Stop of development & distribution of the EMC2000 software series from 2012 to 2019
Phase-5: Since 2019: Development & Distribution of the new EMC2020 software-series at EM-VisualTools
No graphical interfaces. Developped under UNIX environment on SUN machines.
"Radiate" Software:Transmission line solver via the FDTD method.
- Simple lines with resistive termination.
- Source is the field issued from an illuminated aperture.
- Developped on Unix machines for the TDAS project.
"TWTD" Software:3d WireFrame MPIE solver: an ersatz of the LLNL solver.
- Voltage source or Impinging EM-source.
- Time dependant loading conditions.
"SGEMP/ESD" Software: 2d axy-symmetric FDTD with particle in cell method.
Developped on Unix environment (SUN work-stations) under ESA contract
Developped on Unix environment (SUN work-stations) under ESA contract No graphical interface.
- 3d Time domain Electric Field integral equation
- mixed geometry composed of wires & surfaces
- time dependant loads
Developped on PC computers under ESA contract
Done or planed to be included:
- Electromagnetic Softwares: GTD, MoM, PTD, µRad...
- ElectroStatic: Free-space & stratified media (BCap, µCap, ...)
- Line softwares: MoM & transmission line methods (TLS, BTLS, TWTD, ...)