A new technical ppt-document has been posted in the private area. Please register & Connect to check out
Computing the Ballistic RCS With the MoM
This document describes the various steps to compute the Bi-Static RCS of a flying object on the moving spherical earth with the Method of Moments.
The path of the object is described at each time step with its 3 Coordinates & 3 Attitude-Angles.
- Step 0: The MoM-Matrix associated to the object is processed (done only once)
- Step 1: The impinging-Field is transformed from the Emitting-Radar SysCoords to the Object SysCoords (moving)
- Step 2: Currents at each time-step are computed on the object by forward & backward Substitution
- Step3: The resulting diffracted Far-Fields are transformed from the Object SysCoords to the Receiving-Radar SysCoords
- Step 4: Phase corrections are applied due to the modification of coordinates of the object at each time step